When you have babies or toddlers who need lots of your attention, making meals can be a challenge. Since I had our twins, I have been cooking fast and easy meals. (And somewhat healthy too)
And in our house, our boys who are only 14 months old eat a lot.
I made a rice bowl with beef, tofu and vegetables the other day for all four of us.
What you need (for two adults and two babies):
- half of onion
- one small carrot
- one package of soft tofu
- 200g of beef (I used pre-cut beef)
- corn starch
- 200ml water
- 1 Tbs of soy sauce
- 1 Tbs of sugar
- some vegetable oil
What you do:
- fry up onion and carrot in a frying pan till they are soft.
- sprinkle corn starch on the beef and massage it into the meat (it makes the meat tender when it’s cooked)
- add the beef into the frying pan and fry together with the vegetables
- pour water and add the soy sauce and sugar, then let it boil
- add soft tofu carefully (so it won’t break too much)
- serve it on hot rice with lots of sauce
- take some aside for the babies and cut the vegetables and beef with kitchen scissors, and mix it with lots of rice. If the soy sauce is too salty, add hot water to dilute it.
It took me maybe 20 minutes to make it. When you have three hungry men to feed, fast cooking is essential!
The boys loved it too.
Thanks for reading! Happy parenting!